I'm trying to stretch the holidays out as long as possible so we have been taking it easy and this week and I have been trying to get back into the habit of baking some healthy snacks for our lunch boxes. The kiddos requested some raspberry muffins so I decided to adapt this delicious paleo banana bread recipe to make some pear and raspberry muffins that are dairy free, grain-free, Paleo and gluten-free.
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda (or baking soda)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
1 cup of berries
1 pear peeled and chopped
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C
2. Mix the dry ingredients together
3. Add eggs, oil & syrup/honey, mixing well between each one.
4. Stir fruit through gently.
5. Spoon into muffin cups and place in oven.
6. Bake for approx 20 mins, checking regularly.
You can also replace the fruit with other variations, or make it as a loaf/bread by using a loaf tin and increasing the cooking time to roughly 35-40 minutes. Let me know how you go..