I got this recipe from Gluten-free Cupcakes published by Hinkler Books.
It is absolutely full of delicious cupcakes so I highly recommend buying the whole book. This recipe comes with instructions for icing, but in our house we tend to prefer cupcakes without icing (more like muffins). Click here for the printable.
110 g (4 oz) butter
1/3 cup caster (superfine) sugar
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups gluten free plain (all-purpose) flour
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup milk (more if needed)
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 190 deg C (170 C fan forced / 375 deg F).
2. Place paper cases in 12 hole muffin tin.
3. Beat the butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in the eggs, beating until fully incoporated into the mixture.
5. Sift in the dry ingredients and gently stir into the mixture.
6. Stir in the milk and chocolate chips. Recipe says to add more milk if necessary but I found it to be fine as it is.
7. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes. (I found 20 minutes to be perfect), until golden. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.