I think it may have originally come from Notebook Magazine - (it was a very old clipping I kept from a few years ago so I'm glad it survived all the moves). Ingredient amounts can be varied to suit your liking. We've also substituted the broccoli for peas, and substituted the pasta for sweet potato to make it Paleo-friendly.
Gluten Free Penne/Spiral Pasta to serve 4 (or Sweet Potato Mashed)
Broccoli - cut into small florets
1 lemon - rind
2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 T extra virgin olive oil
6 Bacon rashes - cut into small squares
2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
1 long red chilli - seeded and finely sliced
1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
500g Chicken Tenderloins or Thigh Fillets
Shaved Parmesan to serve
1. Cook Pasta, add broccoli for last 1 minute of cooking, OR boil then mash sweet potato and steam broccoli.
2. While pasta/sweet potato is cooking peel rind from lemon, remove and discard white pith from rind (with a very sharp knife), then slice rind thinly and set aside.
3. In a frypan cook the chicken. Add bacon. Then add chilli and garlic for last minute or so of cooking.
4. Drain pasta and broccoli and place in a large serving bowl.
5. Add frypan contents, pine nuts, lemon rind and lemon juice to pasta. Toss to combine
6. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with shaved parmesan.
*Update: Did anyone else notice that I took the above photo of the dish before I actually added the broccoli? It took me quite a few months after publishing this post to figure it out!